When listening to the foreign word "fondant" in German mixed feelings usually arise. Some people have no idea what it is all about, others know that it is something sweet and attractive and the third part thinks to be familiar with the meaning. Now everyone can invent a whole new meaning of the term for themselves or expand their previous knowledge and also collect some recipes and tips on how to make fondant itself. The best part here is that making fondant is very easy and the result is delicious in most cases! And do you remember that fondant could be vegetarian or even vegan? Yes, because the ingredients are mostly sugar and binding agents.
- What does fondant mean and which ingredients do you need? Actually, there are two types of fondant:
The word "fondant" comes originally from French and means "to melt". Rollfondant is a soft sugar dough that is rolled out and dyed in a variety of colors and nuances. You can understand it as an edible plasticine. Here is a step-by-step explained quick recipe for this:
The pleasure to make cake homemade - funny and cheap!
Fondant figures make chocolates, muffins and tarts!
Edible flowers delight the eye and the sense of taste
Create and decorate a funny fondant cake yourself
- Liquid fondant is the second kind you should know about, although it is not as attractive as the roll fudge. The advantage of this fondant type is that it can be found everywhere in the supermarkets, unlike the other dough that you usually order on the internet and pay for high shipping costs or in special baking supplies. It would be best if you take a short time to find out how to make fondant yourself before you finish buying it. The preparation proves to be quite simple, as for the preparation of the liquid fondant alone water and sugar. Exactly this fondant is used as glaze for Berliners.
Make liquid fondant yourself and use it to glaze pastries
Enjoy unique taste
Liquid fondant as glaze and roll fondant as cake decoration
2. How do I make fondant figures and decoration?
Until here you already know what kind of fondant varieties exist and how you can make the dough. Now when it's done and rolled out, it comes to the funnier part of the task: make decoration from fondant itself. Flowers are the most common cake decoration and also pretty easy to make, so we go on with that. First of all with this useful and informative video for beginners:
- Make fondant figures yourself
Good preparation means that you are half-finished
If the special equipment is missing, you can access the existing material
Romance like this is always right
Fondant flowers on the wedding cake
Not just flowers, but decorate the cake with a whole fondant bouquet
Decorate funny and elegant pies
Make fondant yourself and make flowers from it
Kimmidoll - cake decoration as in Japan
Means of designing fondant figures
2.2. Fondant animals
A busy bee on the cake combines well with the flowers
Step by step how a mini-deer is designed
Incredibly sweet decorate the pies
The zoo world on a cake can only bring fun to the kids!
2.3. Cut out letters from fondant
2.4. Fondant figures for babies and their parents
2.5. Cake with fondant for Christmas
White stars for decorating pastries in winter
Black and white - a classic combination also at the cake decoration
2.6. Other great ideas
- Cake Decoration with Fondant for a Beloved Man's Birthday - A beautiful cake made especially for this celebration can be the best gift! Making fondant yourself, as it becomes known here, is not a difficult task, but it can be a huge pleasure! Children are the ones who enjoy the sweets the most, the spouse, the parents or the best friends would certainly be pleased with such a surprise. In addition to cakes, cakes, muffins, chocolates, biscuits and even lollipops are cool ideas. Lollipop shape, a pinch of imagination and the customers will remember this celebration for life. The first step is to cover the cake with the rolled out fondant. The video below shows you how to precisely cover the cake at home.
Next you do with the fondant figures. Here is a video explanation of how you could make fondant elephant yourself. Once you've watched the video, you've probably noticed that muffin or cake of special sugar glue is needed to connect parts of the figure and place them on the cake. In the video below you can learn more about it and get tips on how to prepare this binder all by yourself.
Make muffin with fondant yourself
A great idea for muffin flowers
Make fondant yourself - make the sweet flowers with available funds
Dessert always brings joy, especially when it's funny
Batman is still very popular among the boys
Fondant figures puzzle
Fondant figures with the legendary heroes of the animations
Make fondant yourself - some ideas on how a diligent woman can surprise her special man
Great fondant cake for his majesty - the man
Say "I love you" through fondant figures
Fondant cake a la James Bond
Turn the hobby into cake
Chocolates are suitable for any purpose and can even soften the coldest heart
3. How do I store the fondant dough? - Another important question to ask. In any case you have to fondant in a cool and recommended dry room. What else is to know that the fondant pies usually keep 3 to 4 days. That's not a huge problem - who would resist such sweet temptation for so long ?!
Decorate pies with fondant and fondant figures is suitable for any celebration
The owl has accidentally sat down on the cake and so wished it original
Pies decorate to graduate ball
A tasty tea party
All kinds of equipment for cake decoration
Sweet-sour pleasure with the wedding cake
In the sweet world of dinosaurs
The fairy tale is animated by cake decoration
Fondant itself make a company party
Your child will be happy to farm such a pig farm
Shells, starfish and rapiers are the seabed
Real masterpiece - do you think this jug is made of sugar dough?
Love in the air, pie in the stomach
One of these is said to be the shoe of Cinderella
Fortunately, these little mice do not eat the cake, but they are edible and incredibly delicious
The sunflower is not in the field this time
Make fondant yourself - pie decoration "Pu Der Bär"
The sweet gift you could get
The engagement - a nice holiday that should definitely be celebrated with something sweet
Make Minnie Mouse Fondant yourself
Play hide and seek by surrounding the cake with fondant